March 30, 2011

Don't Go There

Often times we approach God with the desires of our heart. When God tells us no we plead with him and ask him to reconsider his answer. About this time is when we should be questioning our own insanity, but sadly we often do not. God finally begins a conversation with us and says something like, "Well, you could do that, but..." Suddenly we get up off our knees mid sentence thanking God for his time. We turn to our friends all excited like and say, "God told me I should."

At this point anyone who knows God begins to see what has happened, but it is hard to reason with someone who has picked their poison. At this point we become afraid to go back to God because we know darn well we are going to get the other end of that "but." So, every time God tries to get our attention we do the, "la, la, la, la, I can't hear you, but thanks for letting me..." 

So we go ahead and do what we want. Now come the consequences and we go squealing back to God saying, "I don't understand! You told me I could. Now you are punishing me??? I don't know if I want to believe in you any more." At this point God is shaking his head saying, "What good does it do to believe in me if you don't hear  me anyways?" 

It is okay not to want to hear the right answer from God so long as you are willing to hear the right answer from God. Realize that God knows more than you do and he wants your happiness, in some case, more than you do. He has given us guidance and proven principles to live by. Don't think that you are the exception to the rule try to see why you are the rule. You will find your life much happier for it.

No comments: