April 25, 2011

Reporting Week 2 Post Competition

Another week of post competition and I am realizing that I need to give myself a harder deadline to reach my next goal. The past two weeks I have increased my exercise but I also ate more. I am noticing that I have been eating kind of in a hurry and that is making it easy to eat more than I should. I have to readjust the pace of my meals. The other thing that I need to do is plan my desserts. Every week seems to have one or two nights that I know I am going to see sweets on the menu, usually not at our house. If I plan it in I am usually okay. If I keep my portions small it does not kill my over all plan.
The mental click that I have to work with is when I go to my mom's house for family get togethers. Family get togethers usually mean munchies. Thank goodness this does not happen more than once a month... for the most part. And even though I ate more than I usually do I filled up on mostly the veggie tray to start with.
Moving more does not bother me nearly as much as it used to. The ability to move more is the reward for moving more when you did not want to. This week I jogged 4 days, Tuesday was my favorite day because I jogged 2 miles while on vacation in Wellington, Utah, did Yoga 1 day I swam for an hour one night, and I got to hike on Saturday. Hiking was incredible, it was rewarding, and a reminder of why I want to keep doing cardio. It gave me a glimpse at the freedoms I have been recapturing. I am excited to see the other incidental freedoms that I have created for myself by doing what I did not want to do.
This week I thought I might have gained weight again, but not being in town on Saturday morning kind of made it hard to know one way or the other. My scale at home makes me feel like I might be back on track but I have not been on the official scale so hopefully next week I can post my numbers again. I feel like my body is going through some major adjustments so we shall see where it is taking me. I have increased the use of weights when I am at home watching T.V. and sitting on my exercise ball.
So, even though I felt like my eating was out of control, mostly because of the two vacations and Easter, I look back and I think I did pretty good. My exercise felt off, but an honest evaluation says I moved more just in different ways and different places. I may not have sweated as much, but as long as I am staying active and doing what I can I will count that as a plus.
Eating Less and Moving More is bringing me new freedoms I could not imagine only 3 months ago. I am excited to see what else I can do this summer.
Keep on keeping on. I apologize for no numbers the past couple of weeks. Saturdays don't seem to work for weigh ins anymore so I am either going to have to change the time or the day of my weigh ins, but I will keep you posted.  

3 comments:

Heather said...

Alright Cory, I am going to listen to you and try and do what you are doing. I have almost gained all the weight back that I had while I was pregnant with Ayla. I usually am very active but I have not had any energy. You inspire me! You have done so amazing! I am proud of you! I think it is awesome that you still went running while you were on vacation!

So let me get this straight, you have been watching your portions, chewing your food slower and exercising? Right?

Cory Milligan said...

Watching Portions, and moving more. Looking in the mirror and seeing what you want, not what you don't want.

I like flavor so when I like something chewing it slower instead of eating more helps me keep my portions down. I have several entries that talk about some mental clicks that I have had along the way that have helped.

Exercise is one way of moving more, parking at further away from entrances to stores, anything to force myself to move more. Sometimes jogging in place while watching T.V. give yourself a good healthy variety and push yourself a little past your comfort zone.

But you have the idea. Eat Less Move More, become Physically, what you already are Mentally.
Join the party! :)

Heather said...

Thanks Cory! I had a great time talking to you tonight. I just had a small bowel of cereal and I ate it slow. I also went back for seconds but both bowels were the equivalent of regular size bowel of cereal. I going to really try this!