March 4, 2011

Reporting in Week 7


End of Week 6
Well, we are now over half way through this contest and this week has been kind of blah for me. I wrote in my earlier entry about my mental clicks, so in my report I thought I would share with you what I have done to eat less. I must give my disclaimer before I start. I am not an expert. But then again what is an expert but a has-been-little-more-than-a-drip. I have found that what works for one person may not work for another. What is healthy for one person may not be healthy for another. Each of us must learn to read our own body and understand it. Though I do believe that the basic principles of my plan are not dangerous unless taken to an extreme. So, what do I mean when I say eat less and move more? Well, first when I eat out I immediately ask for a togo container and before I take one bite I put half of it away. Second, at home we eat off of mostly the square tupperware plates or use the normal cereal bowls. I now use the smaller bowl where I can. When I use the plate I now have the discipline not to eat more than firsts and a couple of sneaks off of Matthew or Spencer's plates.(mostly for the reaction ;~) ) It is much easier now that my stomach has shrunk.
We have increased our vegetable intake, not that we are eating things we didn't use to, but our desire for more vegetables has increased. I would eat more fruit, but my family is a little slow to catch on to the fruit thing and I usually like my fruit with things that kinda negate their value as a source of positive nutrients. Oh well, I am sure that I will be inspired to eat more fruit sooner or later.
As for dessert, well I have no intention on giving that up, but instead of having a cereal bowl full of ice cream or even the smaller bowl. I settle for a snack cup. Dessert is where I feel creative. I have discovered a new favorite dessert. Here is my recipe for my cookie dough tongue teaser:
1 small cookie dough ball (peanut butter is my favorite)
about 3 to 5 Tbs. of Vanilla ice cream
place the small dough ball in the bottom of a tupperware snack cup then put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Place the ice cream on top and drizzle with caramel. 
The trick is learning that when you eat a little it costs less and when you eat it slow you let the flavors wrap around your tongue and allow the memory of the flavor linger longer. It is much more satisfying than the "bite swallow, tastes good, but its gone method." 
I have noticed an increase in my desire for hot foods as well. Spicy is good until later that is... but we wont go there. Last week I happened to look up on the internet foods that increase your metabolism, it was interesting to see how many of those foods were foods that I have been drawn to. 
End of Week 7 still falling
Exercise this week has been up and down. Tai Chi on Monday and Wednesday due to sleeping in, Biggest Loser 10 minute workouts for 30min.on Tuesday, Thursday, and abbreviated to 20min. on Friday. This was not one of my stellar weeks, although when I did sweat I did sweat big time. So we shall see how it goes. Tomorrow I am going to have to have a good workout or the scale might not budge. It seems like It is stuck on my scale at home this week. I suppose it is bound to happen a couple more times on my journey.

No comments: