March 12, 2011

Reporting in Week 8

This week felt good. I was not about to allow myself not to reach my goal of 269 lbs, but Monday through Thursday each morning it seemed that my scale would not budge for 3 weeks it seemed to want to hover over the same numbers and on Saturday morning my workouts would be squeak me a couple of lbs for weigh ins, but I felt like I was standing still. So this week I had to make a new resolve to do what ever it took to hit my next goal. So, I realized that I can't eat much less. So, I figured that I would have to step it up on the Move More side of my plan. I must have reached a maintenance level, which is good to know. I don't want to do more than I think I can do after the competition, but I am realizing that I can do a little more than I thought I could.
Normally I have made Friday and Saturday my big push days. Because of the trouble I have been having making the scale move I decided that I would do something Thursday night. Actually I didn't decide so much as I just started jogging in place while watching Man vs Wild. I was just going to try and break a sweat, but then I just kept going. In my mind I heard that it takes about 20 minutes before we start burning fat, so I just kept jogging in place. I mixed it up with a side step or two some high knees, etc., nothing real strenuous, but enough to keep me sweating. I ended up jogging in place for between 45 minutes to an hour. On Friday morning I put on my sauna suit and put in the Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd and pushed myself. I am not sure how it will go this weigh in, but I am beginning to enjoy Moving More.
Eating Less has not changed a lot, although I am thinking that I need more salads. I have not eaten a lot of heavy food, but salads sound good to me right now.
This week the Girl Scout cookies came in and although the temptation has been great I really want to set my new goal at 260 lbs, so I have only eaten one with a cup of milk. I will reward myself after I reach my next goal.
I love my wheat thins and cottage cheese and sour cream with Ranch powder mix. One of the flavors I crave is the sour tang, and Ranch powder seems to provide that for me. I also tried something new on Wednesday. I cut up and apple with butter and added Cinnamon I fried it until it looked like the apples where starting to get just a little crispy on the outside then I added a drizzling of honey...That was tasty. Someday I will put a little ice cream on top, but for now it is good all by itself.
Another thing that I have started to do is mix 1 tsp of cinnamon and 2 Tbls of honey in 8oz of hot tap water and drinking it in the morning and evening. I have added a little bit of tobasco sauce in as well a couple of times. I added this to my routine as the result of an email and a little searching on my own. Some studies have shown that honey and cinnamon are good for a lot of things weight loss included. So, I thought I would try it. It makes sense to me that it might as when I drink it brings me closer to perspiring and makes it easier to perspire when I take it  before my work out. So, for now I will stick with it.
Not rocket speed, but still dropping.


No comments: