March 8, 2011

Emotional Weight Loss

I find myself reviewing my Mind Body Connection class often these days. This past weekend I had an emotional melt down. It was like the perfect storm of doom and gloom that crashed in on me and I did not handle it well. Without divulging the details of my tantrum. I will just say that I felt completely overwhelmed with unwanted emotions.
I remember in my class that we talked about how our body will store memories and emotions within the cells of our body. Our teacher talked about how many times, when message therapy was performed it would cause people to have emotional reactions that seemed completely random.
I knew that there was a good possibility this breakdown was simply part of losing weight. However, it was so overwhelming that I could not control myself. I knelt down and prayed, and it seemed the harder I tried to pray the more angry I got. I pleaded for relief of these feelings.
I tried to go to a party that we had planned, but while there, an incident occurred that threw me into an almost outright panic attack. I ended up walking home. I prayed some more, but I could not shake the emotions. My daughter had an awards ceremony that we were suppose to be to so I decided I would try again, but while there I nearly lost it again. Finally after the ceremony I pulled aside two members of my bishopric and I asked them for a priesthood blessing. During the blessing I felt the release of those negative emotions. Peace finally came to me.
It was one of  these men who then reminded me that this could well be related to my weight loss as he had experienced these same emotions while losing weight himself. I assured him I was aware of that, and that even though I was aware of it I could not stop them from coming and for some reason I could not get rid of them through reasoning.
It was because of this mans experience along with my own that I thought I might share this so that if there are those who struggle with emotions while losing weight they might understand that in the raw emotions are chemicals and when you emotionally eat there is a good chance that those chemicals will get trapped in your fat cells. When you exercise there is a good chance that you may release those emotions. Hopefully your experience won't be nearly as bad as I felt mine was, but being aware of it may help you push through the hard things and keep on track.
Let those poisons sweat out of you. Remember Eat Less, Move More. You will become physically what you already are mentally if you just don't stop.

No comments: