May 2, 2011

Reporting in Week 3 Post Competition


My third week of post competition has gone better than I expected. I wanted to jog more this week, but weather kinda put a damper on things. So, some jogging, some Biggest Loser 10 minute workouts, and some Yoga, and I feel like I put myself back on track. I am finding that a good work out in the morning is good to get the metabolism kicked in, but I have to either work longer than my usual 20-30 minutes in the morning, or I have to add something like an extra jog in the evening once or twice a week when I hit a plateau. So, Saturday evenings 3.5 miles really helped me get back on track.
As for Eating less I have to say this week was a challenge with Baby blessing parties, and the baptismal luncheon for my youngest son, there was plenty of opportunity to go over board, but I felt I did okay for the most part. I ended the day with my run and a soak in a jetted tub.

I finally decided that Saturday mornings are just not going to be possible every week for weigh ins so, I am going to weigh in whenever I can and post it for my own accountability.
I am going to also start turning my focus from reporting each week to more detailed tips on my portion control, mental clicks, and moving more. If you have questions about specifics let me know and I will try to answer them as best I can.
Remember, the more good you do to your body the more good your body will be able to do for you. Freedom is the goal.
When you look in the mirror stop looking at what you do not want to see, but look at what you want to see. The mirror will become your friend instead of your enemy. 

No comments: