July 31, 2013

Tender Mercies In A Time Of Need


Sometimes it is not all about the picture. Sometimes it is the story behind the picture that makes the picture more clear.
Friday morning July 19, 2013 I got up a little extra early to go for a short hike to see the sunrise. I was feeling somewhat discouraged, but I had a seed of hope in my heart. As I approached the top of the hill I was enjoying the view that God had given me that morning when I let my mind wander to thinking about things I would love to take a picture of, when the thought came, "would it be to much to ask for a silhouette of a nice buck?" I thought, it might be, but I decided to ask anyways. And so I did. I looked toward the sunrise and I saw nothing. So, while I was walking and having my semi silent prayer, I hadn't moved 10-15 yrds when I looked up on the ridge just ahead of me. This magnificent creature popped his head up from the sage brush. For the next 10 minutes he walked back and forth in front of me as I took pictures and spoke softly to him. This was most certainly a tender mercy from a loving Heavenly Father. There was a spiritual exchange and then with the sound of a vehicle from bellow he snorted and bounded off only to stop and turn back to look at me one last time. That feeling sustained me through the remainder of that day. God gives good gifts...


No comments: