July 1, 2013

Called To Serve Him, Heavenly King Of Glory...

Well, here we are on the eve of our daughter's mission and the emotions are running deep...Not so much on the surface, but we certainly are anxiously engaged in the final preparations.

Lauree requested to watch Nicholas Nickleby as she was finishing her packing. Nicholas Nickleby is her favorite movie...at least according to the number of times she has watched it. Somewhere between visits from friends and neighbors we were able to get through the movie and Lauree is mostly packed. I was able to give her a father's blessing.

It is times like this that I am reminded just what an honor it is to hold the priesthood. I am not sure how a father can possibly serve his family adequately without the priesthood. To know that God has entrusted me with the same power that he used and uses to serve his children is quite humbling. I find great comfort knowing that she will have access to this same priesthood through the elders with whom she will be serving.

So, now as I get ready to send her off, I have to put my trust in The Lord as my parents put their trust in The Lord when they sent me on my mission. It is not easy, but I am excited, because I know what is in store for her. She is about to experience the greatest transformation one can make as she shares the blessings of the gospel with her brothers and sisters in Ecuador. Her faith is about to grow from the mustard seed into the mighty mustard tree. The experiences she will have will bring her the greatest joy she can possibly experience until she holds her own child in her arms...It makes my heart sing just thinking of the love she is going to experience.
http://calledtoserveecuadorquito.blogspot.com/

No comments: