June 8, 2011

Cory's Chipotle Pepper Stew

This recipe exceeded my expectations. I had 2 lbs of stew meat and I was thinking about fajitas, DeeAnn suggested a stew. So this morning we gathered the ingredients and I made it at work. Oh, it was both yummy and satisfying and the flavors are still rolling around in my mouth. MMMMmmmmMMMM.....


1 Large Red Bell Pepper medium fine chopped.
1 Large Onion medium fine chopped
1 16oz can of Kidney Beans
1 16oz can of Garbanzo Beans
1 16oz can of Stewed Tomatoes blended
1 16oz can of Diced Tomatoes w/ basil, garlic, and oregano
2 lbs Beef Stew Meat
1 pkg Grill Mates Chipotle Pepper Marinade
1 C. Water
1/2 C. chopped Cilantro

Cut the meat into roughly 1 inch by 1/4 inch pieces and then brown it. Add the onions, peppers, and water along with the marinade seasonings. Simmer about 15 minutes add the Tomatoes and Beans simmer another 15 minutes then add the Cilantro.
Sprinkle with Cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Yum Yum. :)

No comments: