February 25, 2011

Reporting in Week 6

DSC_0029 This week has been fairly good. I have learned that when I am making dinner I tend to pick a lot more than I thought I did. No, I take that back I knew I did, but I didn't think that picking counted toward the meal. So, I have discovered that Sunday's may be my one day of eating a little more than rest of the week. I have also seen a pattern emerge on Fridays. Fridays seem to have become a night I have to watch because for some reason since starting this program it seems we have something lined up involving sweets every week. I am not about to turn them down, but again. I eat less and afterwards I move a little more. One of these days I will have to write a detailed list of what I am eating on a daily basis, but for now I am more conscious of my snacks which consist of a few chips, but mostly crackers. Wheat thins are my favorite. I love the nutty flavor and the crispness. Wasa whole grain cracker breads are good too. I have been able to flip that mental switch that tells me that hunger means I am starving. Now when I feel hungry it only means I need a little snack... a couple of crackers with some cottage cheese and sour cream dip.
I truly believe that if we are not moving a lot during the day we don't need a lot of food for the day. If we want to eat more we need to move more. If we don't want to move more then we need to Eat Less.
I used to tell people that I had my food storage and I carried it with me where ever I went. Sadly it was all in my stomach. Now that I am losing weight I can't say that anymore, thus my early entry on Food Storage. :) It feels much better to have a food storage that I am not carrying around.
Moving more- I finally ordered and received my tai chi workouts for beginners starring none other than the Grass hopper himself, David Carradine. While I was taking my mind body class I rented a similar video with Grasshopper and it looked unimpressive, but when we tried it, Holy Cow!!!, it was impressively effective. I am going to try it out and see where I will fit it in to my routine. I am kind of thinking that Mondays and Tuesdays may be good, because they are days I struggle to want to do something strenuous, and even though tai chi doesn't look strenuous it is, so I will use the deception to my advantage. Monday morning I did not do because of the holiday. But I picked things back up on Tuesday on Wednesday morning my unofficial weigh in on my own scale put me under 170, but on Thursday I drank an extra bottle of water, which happened to show up in my sauna suit on Friday morning. I am not sure that I have sweated that much in a 30 minute time frame since aerobics for football and wrestling in high school. This week I did increase the intensity of my exercise ball routine in the evenings. I work it until I almost break a sweat, just enough to warm not enough to burn.
I have not been feeling super duper tonight so my normal exercise ball routine was abandoned, but tomorrow should still bring me closer to my goal weight of  269lbs.

Week 6 273 lbs. Watch it drop!

Eat Less, Move More. Becoming physically what I already am mentally.

No comments: