February 18, 2011

Reporting Week 5

Eating Less- This week I did not feel much of a temptation to eat anything in particular. I did decide that saving sushi might not be safe so I did not split my meal up, but we took it to go so I could spread my lunch out over about 2 hrs. So, I didn't feel too bad about not saving half of my meal. On Sunday and Monday I did have a serving of fruits and vegetables in a couple of pieces of strawberry rhubarb pie. Snacks were crackers and cottage cheese mostly, I don't remember anything out of the ordinary. Again the trick has been watching my portions and eating slower, enjoying the flavors of the things I do eat.

I have found that I have more energy now than I have ever had. I believe two things are making this happen: One I believe that eating less allows my body to use energy in ways other than digestion. And two, I believe that by exercising energy is stored in the body allowing us to use it when it is needed.

Moving more- This week I almost lost it completely. Mentally my brain shut off almost completely. I was repulsed by the thought of doing more "exercise." I am not a big fan of exercise as I have said before. Exercise is just one means I can use to increase my movements, so for now I am settling for exercise routines. I would much rather go on a hike or play some sports, but for now I need quick results so I will stay with it. I am going to try some different routines such as Tia Chi, or possibly Yoga. Anyways back on track. I tried using the exercise ball routine for Monday and Tuesday. Monday was a very abbreviated exercise routine and Tuesday was not very effective in producing a sweat, but it did keep me moving until I could mentally get refocused. I also came to the realization that when we exercise and we start getting "the burn" it means that we are burning calories big time. So the burn is our friend when we want to lose weight. I am also realizing that stretching outside of the exercise routine is very good for keeping the body from storing toxins in the muscles. I am amazed at how well my core muscles feel. I am developing a flat stomach as I have never had before. It is an incredible feeling.

If we justify our emotional reactions then we have no hope of changing our reactions, because through justification we give ourselves the approval to do it again. That is how abuse works, whether it be physical, mental, emotional, etc. It is justified and repeated. That might also be how emotional eating becomes a habit.

I had a dream that I was sitting down and suddenly I realized I was missing something....my GUT!!!!  Eating Less and Moving More. Becoming physically what I already am mentally.

I am looking forward to tomorrows weigh ins.
276.8 lbs Watch it drop!


No comments: