January 28, 2011

Reporting In Week 2


End of Week 1
This week has been a stepped up effort in my experiment on Eat Less and Move More. I have not done anything super strenuous, but have settled in mentally to my new eating habits and have continued to increase my movements in different ways.

This week I have increased my movement in a couple of ways. First, I did the full week of 10 minute workouts with my buddies from the Biggest Losers dvd. They have been most helpful. At first I felt very uncoordinated and I believe that is about as far as I have gotten in the past. These 10 minute work outs have given me hope because I didn't have to endure the humiliation of a 30 minute or one hour work out of never finding my coordination. Another mental hurdle climbed and conquered.
Second, I decided to use my exercise ball in the evenings while watching Television. I do not do any real organized exercise routine, but I bounce and roll on the ball I use it to stretch and to work on my abs, whatever comes to mind as I am just trying to keep moving. I figure tonight I might increase my moving some in anticipation of weigh ins tomorrow morning.
I am unsure of my losses this week but I am sure that I will be close to breaking that 180 lb mark. I am noticing how much easier it is to breath and I have more energy than I have in years.

As far as eating less, this week I have concentrated not so much on what I eat, although I have noticed that I am more inclined to eat healthier when I slow my eating down. So far, I have started my breakfasts off with eggs and toast and been full with 2 eggs and a piece of toast. Mentally, I have been trying to recognize when I am filled without stretching my stomach. My goal is to shrink my stomach so that less will be needed to fill it up. I am anticipating that there will be days in the future where I may go to all you can eat buffet. My challenge instead of seeing how much I can eat, but how many different things I can eat. Smaller portions will be the trick and not doing it very often which wont be hard because we don't go to them very often anyways.
My snacks have consisted of cottage cheese, crackers, cheese, and my favorite hint of lime Tostitos. The trick has been to slow down my snacks. What normally would take me 5 minutes to scarf down, now is done in half an hour to 45 minutes. Instead taking handfuls out of the bag I take one at a time and I savor them. I have noticed that the sharp cheddar is easier to savor than cottage cheese so I need less of it to satisfy my craving for flavor. Although I did mix cottage cheese and sour cream with ranch and that was good as well. Another very important thing has been my water intake. I have a 59fl oz container that I fill up every morning when I get to work and I drink 2 to 3 of them throughout the day, that is not to mention what I drink at home. It is amazing how I can feel the fat just washing away as water and gravity takes its course through the body.

I am no expert, but I do believe that each of us has the answer within us as to what our body needs. We often will turn to others to find the answer we seek because our own emotional fears of dealing with who we have become. Be assured that it is not important how we see what we have become so much as it is that we see ourselves for who we really are. God did not send us here to wallow in our misery. God sent us that we might have joy. Be true to yourself there are harder things in life than losing weight, losing weight will simply be the unveiling of what God and probably everyone else around you has seen all along.
End of Week 2

Week#2   282.8 lbs

No comments: