November 1, 2011

Gratitude Is Essential To Happiness In Hard Times


One of the problems that I have noticed in my existence is that when I am ungrateful I tend to attract things that I should be ungrateful for. When I am ungrateful I tend to want more, not that wanting more is bad, but I tend to forget to be grateful for what I do have. I tend to see everything I don't have as a punishment that is being inflicted upon me by God. This goes against everything I know to be true, but sometimes it creeps into my thoughts.

I have also noticed that gratitude begets things that I can be grateful for. When I am grateful I tend to notice the many miracles that are happening all around me. I look back on my life and I see why things have happened the way they did. When I have gratitude in my heart I see that God is giving me all he can  give me according to my own faith. Funny thing is the more gratitude I have the greater my faith becomes. The greater my faith the less I see the hard times.

Be grateful for you you are. Be grateful for what you have. Be grateful for who God has brought into your life. Hard times are coming, let your gratitude guide you through.

No comments: